I was disappointed to not be at this year's General Assembly - we're filming for the TV shows I work on this week and had to pass. However participating in the new media side of GA a.k.a "Remote GA" or "Virtual GA" has been great.
1) I'm watching much of the live GA video stream and can watch what I miss online once the video is uploaded by the GA webteam.
2) I'm following people writing twitter updates about GA - they just add a #uuga2009 tag to their tweets to mark it as GA relevant. There are also at least three official UUA twitter accounts providing up to the second info: @uua, @uuga2009, and @sslove.
3) The UU World is reporting on GA online, no more waiting for the next issue of the magazine to catch up...
4) There is even a General Assembly 2009 blog.
5) Okay, that's four. I'm sure I'm missing something. If you know of other facets of the remote GA experience let me know. Email me.
Thanks to all the many staff and volunteers and content creating participants who are making this a rich long distance UU experience ;-)